Friday, January 28, 2011

My Singing Career...

This post would of been all about my singing career, if i had one. Let me tell you about the time where i had the opportunity to be successful but didn't take my chances, all because i was too scared.

September 2009, freshmen year in my other school Mountain View High School.

My mom had some friends who worked in a recording studio and she would go visit them while i was in school, on a "no school" day, she decided to take me with her to the studio, just because. When we got there, i was a little shy with every one but eventually got comfortable being around them. Next thing you know, my mom starts telling them about my singing "passion", one of the guys got a little curious and ask me if i can sing something for them and at first i didn't want to but decided that there was no harm. So i went into the studio and i put on those headphones and started to sing. So this went on for days, i would go into the studio, sing a little, then leave. Until one day, some of them decided that i was ready to take the next step, and in my head i was thinking "what step? i thought we were just messing around in the studio with the sing and what not", but no, these people don't mess around. They wanted my to get in the studio while they call there boss and see if he likes it. So they called the boss, i was singing and one guy put the phone right next to the speaker where my voice was coming out of! That made me nervous that i almost forgot the lyrics to the song i was singing. After they had finished talking to the boss, they called me out and they told me that he was coming in on thursday, and that very important people were gonna be here. At the time i was like "no problem." When the day came, they called me and asked "are you ready? we're gonna go pick you up now", and i replied with the most dumbest thing ever, "i don't feel like going no more." How crazy is that? They asked me if i was sure a couple of times before they hung up and afterwards i felt like a loser! I felt really bad because all of those people would of gotten in trouble because of me, they made the boss waist his time by coming all the way over there to hear nothing. I feel like if i made the biggest mistake in my life. Now i spend my days wondering what it would of been like if i went for it.
recording microphone
If you ever get an opportunity like this, don't miss out on it, don't be afraid of what other people might think of you and just go for it. It's better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all because you know what happened and you're not wonder what COULD of happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment